We have asked your precision cooling experts for some helpful tips on how to get the most from your home and office air conditioner this summer.
Size does matter
The most common problem with home and office air conditioners is their size: they are either too ‘big’ or too ‘small’ for a required space. It is always best practice to get professional advice when determining how powerful an air conditioning unit should be for a specific area.
Location, location, location
- If your unit is installed near a source of heat, such as a light bulb of direct sunlight, it will sense the heat and end up chilling the space rather than leaving the room at a comfortable temperature.
- A very obvious tip but still important one is to remember that warm air rises. The higher the air conditioner is situated the faster cooling will take place.
- Best to avoid placing an air conditioner opposite frequently used doors as the unit will just work harder and draw more electricity to do its job.
Outdoor is as important as indoor
- Do consider the placement of the outdoor component of your air conditioner unit carefully. It should be in a well-ventilated space – hot air shouldn’t be trapped as this will affect the indoor cooling and overall function of your air conditioner.
- Do not place the outdoor component of your air conditioner in direct sunlight, as this will prevent the unit from cooling down effectively and will take more electricity to do so. In this way, you avoid higher electrical bill and mechanical problems in the future.
Maintenance is key
- Regular maintenance is essential to keeping your system in optimal condition. This includes changing the air filter regularly based on the manufacturer’s instructions – typically about every three months. However, if you had renovations done or your office is located in an industrial area, the air filter should be changed more frequently. It will keep the air filter system running efficiently.
- A professional precision cooling expert should check for internal issues to ensure your unit isn’t working harder than it should. This will eliminate major problems and shorten the lifespan of your air conditioner.
- The best time to hire a professional precision cooling expert to inspect your air conditioning system is at the beginning of Spring and Autumn. This will ensure peace of mind that your air conditioning unit is working at optimal condition before summer and winter arrive respectively.
- Ensure your unit gets the attention it needs by signing up for a maintenance plan. Plan members often receive priority service and scheduling as well as other benefits.
BT-SA’s scientific approach to precision cooling assures guaranteed temperatures within the targeted environment. Our commitment to the environment is the main driver for delivering eco-friendly, energy-aware, intelligent cooling systems. Services level agreements ensure the longevity of products and best results.
Contact BT-SA today for more information in precision cooling for your business.